Why Customers Choose Potomac
Potomac Corp of Va, Inc, has been providing professional snow plowing and treatment services for commercial properties in the Northern Virginia and Washington DC region for nearly 50 years. We work with top management companies who understand how important it is to clear their lots and sidewalks to cover their potential liabilities. They understand the value of full service, quick response and good communications.
Our customers include regional shopping centers, medium and small shopping centers, office parks, office buildings, warehouses, industrial parks and distribution centers. We are a federal, state and local government contractor and are approved as a high security contractor. Our service area includes Arlington, Lorton, Falls Church, McLean, Vienna, Tysons Corner, Fairfax, Reston, Herndon, Sterling, Ashburn, Dulles, Leesburg, Centreville, Chantilly, Manassas, Gainesville and Stafford.
During snow or ice events, Potomac provides 24 hour communication with our clients and field staff. We dispatch our drivers before the storm arrives to ensure we are in place to work rather than fighting traffic. Our fleet is one of the largest in the Metro Area, comprising of more than 600 plow trucks, 200 large and small loaders and sand/salt trucks. Potomac rarely runs out of sand/salt, magic melt or other blends. We stockpile materials at eighteen locations in Northern Virginia to ensure quick response during icy conditions, and our materials are reserved only for our clients. At the end of the snow season, Potomac also offers a complete sweeping service to clean your property either by the hour or bid price.
Potomac has a reputation of being dependable and thorough regardless of the weather conditions while keeping costs in line. We carry a complete insurance package issuing your Certificate of Insurance upon signing of our contract. Each storm is well documented with the original work tickets mailed to your office or left on site as directed. We keep driver logs to reflect the correct charges with each of our area supervisors to make sure your project is cleared in a timely manner, and you are only charged when we actually start plowing or sanding. Our contract provides a rate schedule, performance level and the procedure we use for deployment.
Tips for selecting the best snow plow contractor
- Choose a contractor who understands the industry.
- Check references
- Be aware of hidden costs
- Make sure your contractor has the materials and equipment to do the job.
- Keep your contractor accountable.
- What types of communication does your contractor use to keep you informed?
- What type and size of equipment are you getting for the price, and how experienced is the operator?
- Does the contractor keep good records and provide immediate billing?
- Select a contractor who provides safety training.
- Make sure your contractor keeps up with the newest technology and weather information.
- Does your contractor have insurance that covers snow plowing liabilities?
- How long has your contractor been in business, and what is their track record?
Once you have chosen a contractor, the implementation process and continued relationship with the provider can determine whether your contract is a hit or not